7th International Conference
May 13 to 15, 2019 in Aachen, Germany
The International Conference of the Cluster of Excellence The Fuel Science Center will take place in the Eurogress in Aachen, already held for the 7th time. Scientists from all over the world are expected in Aachen during these days to present and discuss their latest results in the field of fuel development.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the last Cluster of Excellence Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines.
The event is open to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from renewable energy and alternative carbon sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such fuels.
Call for Papers and Posters
With the "Call for Papers and Posters", scientists and industry representatives are invited to enrich the conference with a lecture or poster on their work. Until February 17th , 2019, it was possible to register for the lecture session or poster party with an abstract.
The following topics will be addressed in separate sessions during the conference:
- Synthetic, alternative fuels by utilization of regenerative electricity and carbon dioxide
- System perspective & sustainable value chains
- Impact of renewable fuels on environment, economics, and society
- Catalytic synthesis and conversion of biomass-based streams in combination with other renewable resources to platform molecules and fuels
- Combustion process and exhaust gas aftertreatment optimization of renewable fuels
- Mixture formation and ignition process of renewable fuels
The conference sessions will be complemented by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Ulrich Kramer, Technical Specialist "Advanced & Alternative Fuels", Research and Advanced Powertrain Engineering, FORD-Werke GmbH, Germany
- Robert Wagner , Director of National Transportation Research Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Gonzalo Guillén Gosálbez, Reader in Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College of Sciences, Technology and Medicine, United Kingdom
- Benjamin K. Sovacool, Professor of Energy Policy, University of Sussex, United Kingdom, Professor of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Marc Koper, Professsor of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Leiden University, The Netherlands