Origami Fidget CubeCopyright: Tragkonstruktionen
Master's Course Architecture Impromptu
Origami sekkei/technical folding stands for the systematic design of origami structures. As folding structures for engineering applications should also be designed systematically, this approach is predestined for technical structures.
Transformable foldable structures combine several relevant technical characteristics. Kinematic foldings are transformable and (if they consist of rigid plates) they are statically efficient.
Starting with a plane a tower has to be designed during this impromptu project. The structure has to be inspired on principles of origami as construction, structural and design principle. At the final presentation all towers compete for the highest one.
- supervised by Susanne Hoffmann and Alex Seiter
- cooperation partner: Jascha Paris/Judith Merz (IGMR), Chantal Weigel( MSE)
- beginning on tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10.30 h, R 129
- intermediate colloquium on tuesday, October 16, 2018, 10.30 h, R 129
- final presentation on tuesday, October 23, 2018, 10.30 h, R 129
- tasks: final model, structural model(s),
- documentation of the final design and the development process (sketches/drawings/text